Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Calmer Weather

Well since the twister, I've been a little on edge, but thankfully still productive. I've been knitting on my brother's hat, bit by bit, and I will unveil it when I am done - it has hints of Fair Isle, hints of South American style, and will hopefully fit him when I am done.
I've also been crocheting on a special project, no big complex deal just something for a good, dear friend who deserves a little something. I'm slow going because I've had other things to do, and my arthritis kind of hampers intense crochet sessions.
Today however, I decided I'd make good use of my time and whipped out a dress for Miss Maeven that I've been planning and brainstorming for weeks. I took my 'standard' A-line style, and added a sash. That's pretty much it. The skirt is a little wider than my prior dresses, and longer too. I wanted to make sure that when Maeven bends over to pick up Easter Eggs, her little bum stays covered.
So now, I present, Maeven's Spring Flutterby dress:

She was not happy about posing, or swapping dresses, or anything other than snuggling at this point.



The little flutterby gems were randomly placed over the edges of the sash, to tack it in place more securely. I applied it with a strip of stitch-witchery tape, but my experience is the stuff eventually loosens up. This was just to get it placed properly, so the stitching would be easier, and so I wouldn't mar the satin ribbon with pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment