Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kids Are My Silver Lining

The tablet pen gone missing was enough to cloud up even the sunniest skies. But there on the edge of darkness, came a beam of wonderfulness! SQUEEEEE!!! My oldest found my tablet pen!!! Miss Maeven DID pilfer it! It was in the bottom of a bin in her little big brother's room that has crayons and markers and pencils. Apparently my little miss sticky fingers decided that's where it belonged (okay, little miss smartie pants, I get the hint! Mom needs to ORGANIZE!) I looked through that bin four times. She was drawn to it every time I left the gate open yesterday. I retraced my steps a thousand times. It was either a moment of total senility on my part, or my little girl had learned to send things to the OZ (outer zone) with a puff of violet mist (she's not ever going to smoke).
I was so sure it'd be near there, and even went back after lights-out and searched with a torch - but I'm bat-blind or something and missed it. YAY AUS! He gets a 'get out of jail free' card, or some sort of reward.

I am so relieved and happy, I just may knit till my fingers freeze up, then sew. In fact, that's a very good idea. Apparently this Easter thing is next weekend (I don't pay attention to holidays' comings and goings) and I haven't even started Mae's Butterfly dress. Bad mommy! Organize! Get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment